Monday 28 January 2013

Speed painting win

With the upcoming winds of war combat patrol tournament, Ginge and I are taking a small dark eldar force. As neither of us actually play dark eldar, this has meant creating a new force. One that I haven't had time to paint. However given my somewhat hectic period coming up I've (well lying on a beach drinking) I am unable to paint my part of the army before the deadline. However in order to give Ginge an impression of how I want my 500 points painted I have done a single model as a sort of guide.
So I have completed a dark eldar razorwing fighter in under 2 hours (not including drying time) which for me is a personal best for practically any model, yes even gaunts. Considering this. It doesn't actually look half bad. Given a lot more time i could probably make it look better. However this will suffice for the purpose.

2 comments:

  1. From the quality of the typing I'd say you've had too many drinks on that beach already, but I assume you've actually fallen foul of auto-correct! :-P

    Glad I've seen this, I'd pictured something a hell of a lot darker from the way you described it to me. Mine are also green, though a much darker shade... we aren't going to mix our models up that's for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was gonna do it much darker originally, however speed won out in the end though. My phone was having issues, autocorrect was updating words to what it thought I wanted without giving me the option of changing it back. Updated Now.
    I'll drop the paints and brushes that I used round to yours.

    ReplyDelete